DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
RESURJ JOB DESCRIPTION
RESURJ is a transnational membership-based feminist alliance led by younger feminist activists under the age of 40 from Africa, Asia, Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean, and South West Asia, grounded in national and regional social justice movements, who seek to realize sexual and reproductive justice (SRJ) for all. RESURJ works across constituencies, movements, identities, and generations, in members countries, regions, and globally to amplify feminist organizing and galvanize support and political will for achieving sexual and reproductive justice for all, in particular centering the human rights of adolescents, women, and girls, trans and non-binary people. Our justice approach encompasses an understanding of, and a commitment to, addressing the inter-linkages between our bodies, our health, and our human rights in the context of the ecological, economic and social crises of our times that perpetuate various forms of inequalities. We aim to contribute to creating long-term systemic change by transforming our ways of thinking, working, and living while relying on the leadership of communities most impacted by sexual and reproductive oppressions.
RESURJ is seeking a full-time Digital Associate. We seek a feminist candidate who is passionate about women’s and adolescents’ rights, gender justice and feminist movement building and organizing, and with experience utilizing social media and using communication tools for social change.
We are looking for someone who can multitask, be well organized, a quick learner, fluent in English and one other language; possesses knowledge and skills in using social media, and online community building; and be able to work independently. We strongly seek feminist candidates with diverse knowledge of online profiles of feminists and cross-movement organizations and activists and who is passionate for feminist online activism in the Global South.
Overview of Position
The Digital Communications Associate will work closely with RESURJ's Communications Officer, Secretariat and members to advance the messaging and communications strategy of RESURJ. The role includes support for RESURJ’s online presence, social media coverage, and community engagement through RESURJ’s online platforms including website, project microsites, Blog, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, among others. The Digital Associate will also provide administrative support to the Alliance as needed. The Digital Associate will work closely with the Communications Officer and report to the Executive Coordinator.
Location: We are looking for an Associate based in the Global South. The role is home-based, and the Associate will work remotely.
Provide communications support to implement RESURJ’s communications strategy through:
- Working with the RESURJ Communications Officer to implement communications strategy including external communications needs particularly around social media presence and engagement.
- Collaborate with the Communications Officer and team + RESURJ partners and accomplices in the development, and implementation of regional and global campaigns.
- Keep RESURJ social media weekly content tool up to date and current.
- Supporting RESURJ on the technical coordination of online webinars/discussion groups /meetings and events including registration process, platform availability and assuring platform functionality and technical support throughout the events.
- Work with Communications Officer to maintain and keep track of communications analytics (Google and social media analytics) and collect both qualitative and quantitative data and information related to communications.
Support RESURJ’s online presence by:
- Drafting and sharing content on RESURJ social media channels and interacting with audience (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook).
- Engaging with RESURJ audience online including by platforming RESURJ members’ work; support partners’ online campaigns when required and help to implement RESURJ-led social media campaigns.
- Engaging with member’s organizations and their comms officers (when applicable) in disseminating their content and amplifying campaigning efforts and messages.
Provide RESURJ secretariat and the Alliance with administrative support including:
- Provide administrative support for both in-person and virtual meetings including by taking minutes, and documenting actions and outcomes.
- Monitor RESURJ general email account.
- Support the Executive Coordinator with financial expenditures reporting.
Required Skills and experiences:
- Commitment to RESURJ’s Action Agenda, sexual and reproductive justice as well as social justice and movement building.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Qualifications in communications, marketing, new technologies or related (desirable)
- Skills using the following or similar: BuzzSumo, Google Trends, Buffer Publish, Canva, Unsplash, Animoto, Feedly, Buffer Reply (required).
- Interest in using social media to implement communications and online community building strategies including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc (required).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and planning skills (required).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including fluency in oral and written English and at least one other language (required).
- Must be able to work as a team member and independently, with high level of self-motivation, ability to manage periodic high workloads; strong ability to prioritize and work under pressure (required).
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds (required)
To apply please send a cover letter along with your CV expressing your interest and why you think this position would be a good fit for you to email@example.com by September 21st, 2020.
Location: Global South based
Hours: Full-time; working hours based on location and with some flexibility with other team members
Compensation: The broad salary range for this position is USD $18,500 - $23,500 based on available budget and the cost of living in the person's location + Medical Benefits
Travel: While travelling is not part of our current short-term plans, this position usually would require international travelling 3-4 times per year.
RESURJ encourages, promotes and supports diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of its work. Young feminists from the global south in all their diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.